Sunday, December 2, 2007

not a whole lot

7794 more hours. So after me weeks off, James called me Sunday (18) to tell me that he has stuff to sort out so he won't be around so don't come in till Wednesday (21). Ok then. So Wednesday the weather took a turn for the worse and so I ended up doing nothing all day except fix a plug that the polarity had been reversed. He had outdoor worked scheduled for the day. Now that's planning. So he tells me depending on what the weather is like the next day if I should bother coming in. It snowed that night. So no work on Thursday (22). He said that he would set me up to finish things up at the house on Bristol for Friday (23). Friday morning I'm ready to go out the door and my phone rings. He informs me that there are too many guys still working in the house so there's nothing for me to do. So I crawled back into bed. In the pay period that was those two weeks, out of a potential 80 hours.. I worked 10. weee. This past week I did a full week but I told him that I'll just put those hours on the next paycheck. I think he was relieved that he didn't need to pay me till later. I'm not totally sure about what days I did what but I know on Monday (26) I did the work at Bristol. Then another day I went back to put the last couple wires in the panel and install the rest of the lights. Then I was at a house down the street that we walked over to. It was just the attic that they were getting finished so Rupert was framing it up and I went around and put in some boxes and ran the wires, then that night they drywalled it and it was Friday (30) that I put all the plugs, switches, and lights on. Then we went back to that house on Lottridge that we worked on for so long in the summer that apparently still wasn't done. So I ended up helping with the sink on the main floor and the cabinets. But by the end of the day those two houses were done and the keys were handed over. There's still Bristol however. No idea when that'll eventually get done. Saturday (1) my parents left for Vegas. Today (2) was my birthday. 21. yay. Anyway, tomorrow (3) we're heading to Burlington as far as I know barring any early morning phone calls telling me to not come in. Roads are supposed to be bad tomorrow. We'll see.

No comments: